about helios \ mission
Founded in 1996, the Helios Centre is an independent, non-profit energy research group, dedicated to developing the knowledge base required to foster appropriate strategies, policies, regulatory decisions, and market choices for a sustainable energy and climate future.
Helios' first area of expertise is energy. It rests on three main activities:
- Research, sponsored or not, on legislative, regulatory, and commercial solutions;
- Studies and expert advice responding to specific needs of decision-makers and other stakeholders in the energy sector; and
- Publications to raise public awareness regarding the path to sustainable energy.
The Centre's other main field of expertise is climate change. Its activities include:
- Analysis of international negotiations and evolution of the regulatory framework;
- Identification of opportunities and analysis of policy and regulatory issues;
- Expert support in developing CDM projects under the Kyoto Protocol and Paris Agreement;
- Support for capacity-building and the implementation of Designated National Authorities (DNA); and
- Professional training for enhancing public understanding of climate issues.